Eldoret: 37 year Old Man Charged For Murdering Girlfriend

A 37-year old man charged with the murder of his lover has been put on his defence after Eldoret High court Judge Reuben Nyakundi ruled that he has a case to answer.

While delivering his ruling Justice Nyakundi, said the evidence presented by the prosecution is sufficient to place the accused person, David Siloba on his defence in connection with gruesome killing of girl friend, Fiona Kisuya, 25.

“Mr Siloba, I have found that you have a case to answer and consequently, you will be put on your defence.You will be given the option of giving sworn or unsworn evidence, or the third option, you just keep quiet and leave the court to give its verdict,” ruled Justice Nyakundi.

Siloba was charged with killing Kisuya on February 24, 2019 at their Kapsoya estate house in the outskirts of Eldoret town, Uasin Gishu County.

The accused who denied the murder charge when he appeared before the then Presiding Judge, Justice Reuben Githinji, is said to have used a panga and knife to kill the deceased before stuffing her body parts in
a water tank.

The long awaited ruling on whether the suspect had a case to answer was finally delivered five years after State Counsel Mark Mugun closed his case.

This was after 13 witnesses among them a close friend of the accused person, Haroun Kurgat 25 who is a poultry farmer and police detectives from the directorate of criminal investigations unit testified against
him in the case that took at least five years.

None of Siloba’s parents who work and stay in America or relatives has ever attended the hearing of his murder case since the trial commenced four years ago.

The suspect had reportedly been deported from the United State of America on claims of having drug related problems.

The accused has been detained at the Eldoret GK remand prison since he was arrested after being denied bond by the court citing security grounds.

While testifying against Siloba during the hearing of the case, Kurgat recounted how the accused walked to his house in the morning as he was preparing tea and asked him to come out since he had an
emergency issue to discuss with him.

“As we walked to his house which is just a few metres from where I stay, Siloba told me on the way point blank that he had killed his girlfriend Fiona and asked me to help him to dispose of the body,”
said Kurgat.

On arrival in the house, Kurgat said that he was shocked to see the body parts of Fiona stuffed in a water tank and he immediately left
the compound and headed back to his house where he confided to his
girlfriend about the incident.

“My girlfriend advised me not to keep quiet but instead report the matter to Kapsoya police which I did by calling a police officer whom I had his mobile phone number with.

Kurgat said that Siloba set blaze the body parts that he had stuffed in the water tank before he left to the nearby shopping centre as the fire continued to consume the body.

He said that when the officers who had been alerted about the incident arrived at the scene, they found body parts on fire in the compound of the accused person’s house.

Bar attendant, Collins Cheruiyot 27 in his testimony told the court how he served Siloba and his slain girlfriend beer the previous day in the afternoon before they left for their house.

“I recall serving them one bottle of beer which they shared on the table, they did not quarrel and they were looking okay,” narrated Cheruiyot.

He said that after they were through, they walked together to their house happily only to be informed the following morning that Siloba had butchered his girl-friend to death in his house.

The judge directed that the accused person be brought in court on June 21, when he will be put on his defence over the killing of his lover

Leave a Reply