In the past few days we witness our team participate in the Olympics games in Tokyo Japan, I wish to congratulate our heroes for being great patriots and flying our flag high in several events.
Though we managed to come top in Africa and 19th in the world it is in the heart of Kenyans that this year’s Olympics was poorly performed, We witness obvious errors and dismal performance in some track and field events whereby history was written that we lost in one of our Tradition track event of 3,000mts steeplechase a title that Kenya has held since 1968.
For this we are calling on the technical team to be responsible for the errors that costed our medals, we also witnessed an athlete being banned due to failed doping yet we have a fully functional Ant-Doping Agency Kenya (ADAK), Therefore we are demanding a full comprehensive report on this matter of Doping.
We are also calling for an explanation on the poor reception that our heroes were subjected when they landed in Kenya yesterday, this type welcoming of the athletes reflects the general management of the team and yet we saw several government official taking selfies in Japan but left the athletes on their own after the Olympics ended.
We wish to call upon the Ministry of Sports, Athletics Kenya and Nation Olympics Committee of Kenya (NOCK) to explain the following to Kenyans;
• What really happened to our team management in Japan and if there were any prior-arrangements for athletes reception in Nairobi ?
• Expound on the rewards scheme and stipends given to winners for various categories ?
• Explain the selection process of athletes and official who went to represent Kenya in Japan ?
• Explain whether all the athletes are fully vaccinated against Covid19 ?
• What reforms were implemented after the Rio scandal ?
• Explain why our athletes are flying on the economy class while management and officials are using business class ?
• State why does Brand Kenya uses our athletes to market Kenya yet they have no reward scheme they only issue them with Masai Shukas.
I hereby wish to propose the following to done as part of reforms in the management of athletics in Kenya;
Introduce a scheme to cushion our athletes in terms of food, training gear, rent in training camps or cash transfer program.
Delocalize athletics services like issuance of clearance letters and Visas to towns near the training camps to avoid athletes camping in Nairobi for days waiting to be served.
Athletics Kenya should hold elections after every Olympics just like NOCK for the next Olympics cycle.
KIPROTICH CHERARGEI. MP,