THE BEST BUSINESS ADVICE COLLEGE STUDENTS NEVER HEAR
Many companies we know of today were started by students (either while still on college or shortly after graduating). This brought to our minds the question of whether or not students make good entrepreneurs…is it true that the best time to venture into business is when you are still a student?
What do you think?
If you are a successful entrepreneur today, when did you start thinking about starting a business? Did you follow the usual path:
Finish school –> Look for employment –> Gain some experience –> Start your business
Or did you start pursuing your dreams while still surviving in those tiny hostels while your friends were (probably) very busy hurling stones at innocent motorists shouting “Comrade Power!”?
Most learning institutions provide an ample environment for students to think big. Unfortunately, not many of these students make good use of this.
If you’re reading this and you’re still a student have you already started thinking about launching your dream business?
Here are some 5 reasons why i believe that as a student you have a better chance of succeeding in business than the rest of us:
(1) You are not the one paying rent, yet you are living in nice hostel which is a few meters away from town.
(2) You have a lot of free time because you only spend a maximum of 24 hours per week in class leaving you with more than 120 free hours (You can use just 30 hours of your free hours for business).
(3) Probably your school has free internet, free electricity and free water… what else do you need to start thinking big?
(4) The fact that you’re in school means that you (probably) have a sharper mind than the rest of us… use that mind to identify actionable business ideas and implement them.
(5) You don’t have many dependants right now, you have fewer responsibilities…in short, you’re sitting on a gold mine and all you need to do is start your own company!
Business Man & Mentor